As a Changemaker in Residence with the Institute for Community Prosperity at Mount Royal University, Cathy Glover devotes her time and energies to mentoring, guest lecturing, writing and developing new learning around the topics of corporate social innovation and community investment. Cathy recently retired from a 16+ year career as leader of the Suncor Energy Foundation, and brings a wealth of experience in corporate community investment, social innovation leadership, corporate social responsibility, stakeholder/community relations and sustainability in the natural resource sector, among many other competencies. As a strong proponent of social innovation, Cathy and her team created a corporate community investment program that brought together unlikely partners to address complex social issues and transformative change at regional and national levels, while at the same time supporting employee initiatives and local priorities. She also co-led the team that designed Suncor’s organizational commitment to reconciliation. Cathy has also worked in charitable and non-profit organizations in Calgary, ranging from the Alberta Children’s Hospital and Children’s Cottage to the XV Olympic Winter Games and Junior Achievement. Cathy has also been recognized and gifted with the name Aahpii Pitahgii (White Eagle Woman) by Elder Casey Eaglespeaker, who has remarked that he chose this name because of her ability to have a system wide view, to see unique interconnections and to bring people together to create space for collaboration and change.
- “Intersectionality is at the core of all Urban Matters’ work:” Talia Ahmad joins the Urban Matters team
- A Pandemic is a Terrible Opportunity to Waste: Local Government and Their Community-serving Sector Partnerships
- Embracing ambiguity: Brent Wellsch joins the Urban Matters team
- Converging Crises and Silver Linings: The Housing Crisis, COVID-19 and Municipal Housing Responses
- Building Bridges: Delyse Sylvester joins the Urban Matters team
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 250.448.4447