As an urban planner and design specialist, Leighton has worked with public, private and non-profit clients in small and large communities across Western Canada for more than 20 years. During this time, he has worked on a variety of projects ranging from site-specific housing development analysis to design guidelines, master plans, neighbourhood plans, and major downtown redevelopment projects. Leighton is a strong advocate for a collaborative process. He regularly leads workshops that engage municipal council, staff, and community stakeholders, including the general public in identifying issues, exploring potential approaches and generating solutions, together. Leighton is based in Calgary, AB, where he lives with his family.
- “Intersectionality is at the core of all Urban Matters’ work:” Talia Ahmad joins the Urban Matters team
- A Pandemic is a Terrible Opportunity to Waste: Local Government and Their Community-serving Sector Partnerships
- Embracing ambiguity: Brent Wellsch joins the Urban Matters team
- Converging Crises and Silver Linings: The Housing Crisis, COVID-19 and Municipal Housing Responses
- Building Bridges: Delyse Sylvester joins the Urban Matters team
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 250.448.4447