Sarah brings more than six years of experience in the planning field and has recently supported the Urban Matters team with several housing needs assessment projects in BC. Previously, Sarah worked as a Healthy Community Planner with BC Healthy Communities, where her work focused on the social determinants of health, healthy built environments and integrating an equity lens into local government policies and projects. She has Art of Hosting and San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety training and completed her Master of Planning at Dalhousie University, Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies and Psychology at the University of Victoria, as well as the [in]City program at the University of California, Berkeley.Sarah is a sustainability minded community planner, who believes that through innovative and authentic community engagement we can better express our deep connection to place and desires for a sustainable and healthy future. Sarah lives in Victoria and recently sailed her 27ft sailboat from Victoria to her hometown of Haida Gwaii. When not working Sarah loves to spend time hiking Vancouver Island with her dog Yogi.
- Peer-Daniel Joins the Urban Matters Team
- Building Social Innovation Into Housing Challenges
- “Intersectionality is at the core of all Urban Matters’ work:” Talia Ahmad joins the Urban Matters team
- A Pandemic is a Terrible Opportunity to Waste: Local Government and Their Community-serving Sector Partnerships
- Embracing ambiguity: Brent Wellsch joins the Urban Matters team
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 250.448.4447